• Innovation in Teacher Education Awards
Established to recognize and honor outstanding education programs for “innovative approaches.”
• Professional Development Awards Recognition opportunities for Baccalaureate and Post-Baccalaureate Students.
Recognition opportunities for Baccalaureate and Post-Baccalaureate Students.
• Roy L. Lauter Distinguished Service Award - Download Nomination Form
Established to recognize persons who have made cumulative significant contributions to SRATE over a period of at least ten years.
• Watts Scholar Awards
Four Watts Scholars are selected by the State hosting the SRATE Annual Conference. Award recipients are selected because of their potential to carry the torch that David Watts left behind.
PURPOSE: To improve teacher education, broadly conceived, in the Southeastern United States directly, and indirectly throughout the nation by affiliation with the national organization of Association of Teacher Educators by means of:
- Conferences held throughout the Southeastern United States which will provide for:
- Distinguished lectures in Teacher Education
- Panel Discussion on various issues dealing with the preparation of teachers
- Various forms of studying and examining issues that deal with the improvement of education at all levels in both public and private settings.
- Research and study activities that lead to more effective programs in education by:
- Supporting research activities
- Recognizing outstanding educational programs
- Recognizing outstanding writing and research
- Professional growth opportunities for members by:
- Association with other teacher educators
- Membership on study groups and committees
- Cooperation with other educational agencies, organizations, and institutions
- A catalyst through which related teacher organizations may:
- Engage in productive dialogue
- Cooperate in services
- Share in publications, research, and creative activity